Carmel Clay Schools is a nationally recognized public school district that serves approximately 16,500 students and 2,400 staff across 15 school sites in Carmel, Indiana.
The academic achievements of our students make us a top performing district in the state of Indiana and across the country. The district is rated A by the Indiana Department of Education and has been awarded 10 National Blue Ribbon Awards, a widely recognized symbol of exemplary teaching and learning. In addition to academic excellence, our students are involved in hundreds of academic, athletic, performing arts and extracurricular activities and clubs throughout their educational experience.
2018-19 CCS Brochure
IDOE School Profile
Carmel Clay Schools will provide opportunities for all students to realize their potential in an ever-changing world.
Experience Excellence...Explore Opportunities...Realize Potential
- Students are at the center of every decision
- A safe, non-threatening learning environment is essential.
- Students’ academic, social, emotional, and physical needs must be addressed.
- Students and employees excel when held to high personal standards and expectations.
- High quality employees are vital to the success of our organization.
- Effective teaching and learning requires continuous improvement.
- Diverse opportunities benefit all students.
- Open and transparent communication maintains stakeholder trust.
- Parent and community involvement enhances student learning.
- Fiscal responsibility is fundamental to achieving our vision.