Evaluating the Internet
Evaluating Internet Resources
- Is he/she qualified to write this article or subject?
- What are the authors credentials?
- Is e-mail or contact information included?
- Is author affiliated with a particular organization, institution, etc.?
- Is the information reliable?
- Is it too broad? too shallow?
- Is it free of bias? objective?
- Is it well written?
- How does it compare with information from other sources?
- When was it created?
- When was its last revision?
- Is information up-to-date?
- Who is the intended audience?
- Does material inform? explain? persuade?
- Is there sufficient evidence?
- Are conclusions drawn?
- Where did the site come from?
- Is it a personal homepage?
- Is there a sponsor?