Thank you for your interest in substitute teaching at Carmel Clay Schools. Substitute teachers are an integral part of our students’ learning process. Carmel Clay Schools is looking for substitute teachers who are responsible, dedicated, compassionate, and share our passion for teaching and learning. The current pay for substitute teachers is $70/day. For select areas in Special Education, the pay is $80/day.
GETTING STARTED: The first step in becoming a substitute teacher is to complete the online application. If your application is being considered, you will be contacted for an interview and training session. Pending a successful reference and background check and completion of an employment packet issued at the training session, you will be entered into our Aesop system to begin substitute teaching. At the time of training, the following documentation will also be required.
- 60+ credit hours from an accredited college or university. A copy of a diploma or original transcripts will be required for verification.
- A Substitute Teacher Permit or valid Indiana Teaching License/Certificate. Instructions on how to obtain a permit will be provided after an interview.
- A voided check for mandatory direct deposit
- Current Criminal History Report through Safe Hiring Solutions
- Two pieces of original ID to be copied by HR staff, such as a driver’s license, birth certificate, social security card, or a passport.
- Proof of immunity to measles
Carmel Clay Schools uses Aesop to manage substitute files and employee absences. Click here to access Aesop or call 1-800-94-AESOP (1-800-942-3767) to search for available jobs, accept jobs, and to make changes to your personal information. You may also receive calls from Aesop to offer you positions.
Additional Substitute Information
Sub Pay Information
Access your PayStub+ Account
(Contact payroll coordinator Sandy Bierer or David Stowers if you have any questions.)
"On Stand-by" Substitute Newsletter
Current Employment Opportunities
Questions? Please contact Mindy Jasin in Human Resources at 317-844-9961