Thank you for your interest in substitute teaching at Carmel Clay Schools. Substitute teachers are an integral part of our students’ learning process. We are looking for substitute teachers who are responsible, dedicated, share our passion for teaching and learning, and are available to work regularly throughout the school year. The current pay for substitute teachers is $70/day. For select areas in Special Education, the pay is $80/day.
1) Complete the online application.
2) Attend Substitute Teacher Training. If your application is being considered, you will be contacted for an interview and/or invited to attend an informational substitute teacher training session. This is an unpaid informational training session. At the training session, you will be asked to provide documentation as listed below*
3) Submit Criminal History Report. Upon completion of the training session, you may be provided a link to request a criminal history report through Safe Hiring Solutions. The fee for the criminal history report is approximately $33, depending upon previous address and name history.
4) Apply for Substitute Teaching Permit. Upon completion of the training session, you may be provided a link to obtain a Substitute Teaching Permit, if you are not a current Indiana licensed teacher.
Employment as a substitute teacher is dependent upon successful completion of all aspects of the hiring process, including favorable results of a background report and favorable feedback from references. Please do not apply for the criminal history report or the substitute teaching permit until requested to do so. Proper links will be provided.
- 60+ credit hours from an accredited college or university. A copy of college degree or original transcripts are required for verification.
- A voided check for mandatory direct deposit.
- Original ID to be copied by HR staff (Passport, or Driver's License along with Social Security Card or Birth Certificate).
- Proof of immunity to measles.
Carmel Clay Schools uses Aesop to manage substitute files and employee absences. Current substitutes can click here to access Aesop or call 1-800-94-AESOP (1-800-942-3767) to search for available assignments. You may also receive calls from Aesop to offer you positions.
Additional Substitute Information
2015-2016 Payday Date Schedule
Sub Pay Information
Access your PayStub+ Account
(Contact payroll coordinator Sandy Bierer or David Stowers if you have any questions.)
"On Stand-by" Substitute Newsletter
Current Employment Opportunities
Questions? Please contact Mindy Jasin in Human Resources at 317-844-9961