Thank you for your interest in substitute teaching for Carmel Clay Schools. Carmel Clay School Corporation values our substitute teachers as an integral part of our students’ learning process. We are looking for responsible, dedicated, compassionate individuals who share our passion for teaching and learning, to substitute teach in our district. The current pay for substitute teachers is $65/day. For select areas in Special Education, the pay is $70/day. Sub positions worked on Fridays pay $75.
Carmel Clay Schools uses Windows based software called AESOP to manage our substitute files and employee absences. Using the latest in computer technology, AESOP automates our employee absences, substitute placement and reporting tasks. Using a touch-tone telephone, our substitutes can search for available jobs, accept jobs, and make changes to their personal information by dialing 1-800-94-AESOP or 1-800-942-3767. AESOP also calls our substitutes to offer substitute positions using the latest in telephone automated technology. If you have internet access you can also access AESOP via the Web by clicking here!
GET STARTED: The first step in becoming a substitute teacher is to complete the online application. PLEASE NOTE: Please be sure to include a valid email address in your application. If your application is being considered, you will be notified by email of upcoming interview & training sessions. Pending a successful reference and background check and the completion of an employment packet issued at the training session, you will be entered into our AESOP system to begin substitute teaching. At the time of training, the following documentation will also be required.
- 60+ credit hours from an accredited college or university. A copy of a diploma or original transcripts will be required for verification.
- A Substitute Teacher Permit or valid Indiana Teaching License/Certificate. If needed, instructions will be given at the training session on the process to obtain the permit.
- A voided check for mandatory direct deposit
- Current Criminal History Report through Safe Hiring Solutions.
- Two pieces of original ID to be copied by HR staff, such as a driver’s license, birth certificate, social security card, or a passport.
- Proof of measles Immunity
Access AESOP by clicking here or by telephoning 1-800-94-AESOP or 1-800-942-3767 to search for available jobs, accept jobs, and to make changes to your personal information. You may also receive calls from AESOP to offer you positions.
Additional Substitute Information
Payday Dates (pdf)
Sub Pay Information
Access your PayStub+ Account
(Contact payroll coordinator Sandy Bierer or David Stowers if you have any questions.)
"On Stand-by" Substitute Newsletter (pdf)
Current Employment Opportunities
Interested in becoming a substitute nurse?
Questions? Please contact Mindy Jasin in Human Resources at 317-844-9961.