This Board Expects:
- That board members will redirect inquiries from CCS staff members and stakeholders to the superintendent, and the superintendent will keep the board informed of subsequent follow-up.
- A regular communication from the superintendent on a monthly basis.
- To be notified via email and phone (if necessary) as soon as possible for:
- School emergency (lockdown, fire, etc.)
- Student emergency (arrest, injury, death, etc.)
- Staff emergency (arrest, injury, death, etc.)
- To receive board documents, via BoardDocs, the Wednesday before the scheduled board meeting.
- That all board members will receive the same information:
- One member's request for additional information results in all members receiving or having the same access to the information.
- Special communications are done for all board members.
- That board members will treat each other and staff with respect.
- That the superintendent and staff will treat all board members with respect
- That reasonable requests for additional information will be satisfied in a timely manner.
- No surprises!
This Superintendent Expects:
- That board members will inform the superintendent when they are visiting the schools.
- That requests for additions to the agenda will be received at least seven (7) days before the meeting.
- The direction is given when a majority of the board* votes to give direction, or when there is a clear consensus from the board directing the superintendent.
- That board members will be respectful toward staff and be respectful of staff's time.
- That board members will read all supporting documentation before the board meeting.
- That board members will contact Superintendent or Board President with questions about agenda items or supporting materials by noon, Friday, after they receive Board Notes.
- No surprises!
* Majority is defined as 3 or more board members