This Board Expects:
- Board members will redirect all inquiries from CCS staff members and stakeholders to the superintendent and other board members. The superintendent will keep the board informed of subsequent follow-up.
- A regular communication from the superintendent on a weekly basis.
- To be notified via email and phone (if necessary) as soon as possible for:
- School emergency (lock down, fire, etc.)
- Student emergency (arrest, injury, death, etc.)
- Staff emergency (arrest, injury, death, etc.)
- To receive board documents via BoardDocs, the Wednesday before the scheduled board meeting.
- Board members will receive the same information:
- One member’s request for additional information results in all members receiving or having the same access to the information.
- Special communications are done for all board members.
- Board members will treat each other and staff with respect.
- The superintendent and staff will treat all board members with respect.
- Reasonable requests for additional information will be satisfied in a timely manner.
- No surprises!
This Superintendent Expects:
- Board members will inform the superintendent when they are visiting the schools.
- Requests for additions to the agenda will be received at least seven (7) days before the meeting.
- Direction is given when a majority* of the board votes to give direction, or when there is a clear consensus from the board directing the superintendent.
- Board members will be respectful towards the staff and superintendent, and also respectful of their time.
- Board members will read all supporting documentation before the board meeting.
- Board members will contact superintendent or board president with questions about agenda items or supporting materials by 8:00 a.m., Monday, after they receive BoardDocs.
- No surprises!
*Majority is defined as 3 or more board members