Absence, Late Arrival, Early Pickup
24-hour Attendance Voice Mail: (317) 846-7331
Please call before 8:00 AM and select OPTION 1 if:
- Your student will be ABSENT.
- Your student will be LATE. Note: Students must arrive by 11:30 to participate in an extracurricular activity.
- Your student is leaving school EARLY.
To Leave a Message:
- Say and spell the student’s last name.
- Say the first name.
- State the reason for absence, late arrival or early dismissal.
- State the pick-up time for early dismissal.
Note: A late phone call is better than no phone call. Call with attendance changes any time of day.
Early Dismissal From School
Only a parent, guardian or emergency contact may pick up a student early from school. Make sure information is accurate and up-to-date in the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Emergency contacts are required to show identification.
IMPORTANT: Students leaving school early are responsible for keeping track of the time and letting their teacher know when they need to leave the classroom. The front office prefers not to call classrooms and interrupt instructional time.
- Drop Off Items
- Outside Food
- Feeling Sick?
- Transportation Change
- Riding a Different Bus Home From School
- Book Rental
Students requesting to go home with a friend on a different bus must submit a signed note from their parent to the MAIN OFFICE in the morning. Students should return to the main office after first block to pick up a Bus Pass (during passing period, before/after lunch, after school). The Bus Pass is given to the driver upon boarding. Passes are NOT issued the day BEFORE a holiday weekend or any district-scheduled day off school.
- Leaves Mon.–Thur., 4:10 p.m.
- For students in after-school activities
- Bus Pass issued by club sponsor/teacher/coach
- Routes determined based on the riders for that day
- Students should be familiar with their home location
- Drop-off is generally a neighborhood entrance or nearby intersection
- Students may have to walk up to one mile from drop-off location