Below please find a joint reopening statement from Hamilton County school districts, including Carmel Clay Schools.
We plan to send a detailed plan to families in early July and gather data from parents to finalize staffing and complete preparations for the start of school.
Please keep in mind that directives and guidance from state and local authorities can change quickly in this environment. We will continue to share information on any adjustments needed as we move forward.
As always, we thank you for your support and partnership as we work through this pandemic,
Carmel Clay Schools
Hamilton County Schools Announce Return Plans
Hamilton County schools would like to thank our communities for their support as we continue to work through the challenges of COVID-19. We are pleased to announce we will be welcoming students back for a new school year beginning later this summer, and have come together to share important information regarding this return to school.
The safety of our students, staff and families is our top priority and our return to school decisions are based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH), Indiana Department of Education (IDOE), Fishers Health Department and the Hamilton County Health Department.
All Hamilton County schools are following our previously scheduled calendars and will start on our regularly scheduled start date.
We will also be:
- Providing flexible options to meet individual student needs, including both online and face-to-face learning.
- Implementing daily screening/self-screening procedures for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Asking students and staff to wear masks, at times.
- Maximizing facility space with respect to social distancing, including lunch tables spaced out to the greatest extent possible.
- Closing water fountains and maintaining water bottle fill stations.
- Requiring students and staff to stay home when ill and creating separate spaces in school health clinics to address COVID-19 symptoms.
- Transporting students with precautionary safety measures in place.
- Enhancing student hygiene practices and building cleaning procedures.
- Restricting visitors.
- Training staff and students on COVID-19 safety measures.
Each school district will be sharing additional, specific details with our families in the coming weeks.
As always, thank you for your patience and support as we work together to safely bring students back to school.
Carmel Clay Schools
Hamilton Heights School Corporation
Hamilton Southeastern Schools
Options Charter Schools
Sheridan Community Schools
St. Theodore Guerin High School
Westfield Washington Schools