At this time, the Indiana Department of Health (IDOH) does not recommend quarantine or contact tracing efforts in K-12 schools. Instead, parents, caregivers, or guardians are encouraged to monitor their children for symptoms of infectious illness every day before they leave for school through home-based symptom screening. Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 should report the illness to the school attendance line and follow the guidance of their health care provider.
COVD-19 questions should be directed to a family physician or the Indiana Department of Health COVID-19 call center at (877) 826-0011.
- Students who are sick or displaying symptoms must stay home.
- Students/parents are to report a COVID exposure to a family physician.
Hand Washing and Hand Sanitizer
Students will have frequent opportunities for hand washing and hand sanitizer stations will be located in several locations such as, the cafeteria, recess, etc.
- The district continues to utilize products confirmed by the manufacturer and EPA to kill human Coronavirus and other viruses. CCS will continue to clean and disinfect school facilities and equipment in alignment with guidance from the CDC.
- Custodial staff at all schools are focusing extra attention on sanitizing high traffic areas and commonly used surfaces including counters, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, light switches, keyboards, and tablets.
- Custodial staff will be constantly checking to make sure hand washing and hand sanitizer supplies are checked, restocked and refilled.
- Custodians will work to help prevent the spread of germs by disinfecting classrooms.
- Ventilation systems have been evaluated to ensure proper central filtration.
- CCS has updated current ventilation systems to MERV 13 pre-filters as recommended.
- MERV 13 filters are recommended by ASHRAE guidelines for response to COVID.
- Portable equipment in classrooms is not being implemented at this time.