Greyhound Freshmen Kick-Off
August 5th, 2022
Carmel High School
The Greyhound Freshman Kick-Off is part of your tranisiton to Carmel HIgh School! It is a one-day orientation for incoming ninth graders led by a group of CHS staff, student-mentors, and teachers. This event is not a replacement for registration day. All freshmen must still attend registration day to have their school picture taken, receive schedules, etc.
Drop-off and pickup will occur at the CHS West Side (homeside) of the football stadium. Greyhound student mentors will escort Freshmen to and from the school building.
Drop-off begins at 8:30am and pickup begins at 2pm.
Greyhound Freshman Kick-Off Details:
- Learn how to navigate Carmel High School
- Hear directly from 11th and 12th grade mentors called GKOMs
- Meet and hear from several teachers and administrators
- Learn about CHS activities
- Meet other incoming freshmen and make friends!
- Find and open your locker
- Have a chance to find your classes
The required cost of the event is $25 and includes a t-shirt, lunch, mentorship program fees, and future freshmen Homecoming activities. Become a Greyhound Kick Off Patron! Any additional contributions will allow for the continued success of the Greyhound Kickoff Mentor Program and future activities for the Class of 2026. Thank you!
Register by July 22 for guaranteed t-shirt size.
*Financial assistance is available for those families that qualify. Please email Ryan Ringenberg with questions.