Intramural Updates for 2020-21
If you like sports and activities, then Intramurals is for you!
If you would like to have a certain sport or activity be featured in Intramurals this year, please fill out the following Google Form! Typically, basketball has been the front runner, but if you would like to have anything else, please take a few moments to let us know what you'd like to see in Intramurals this year.
This year’s Code of Conduct and Permission Slips will be Electronic! Please fill out the Google Form as your Code of Conduct and Permission slip!
Intramural Student Council
If you wish to be on the 2020-2021 Intramural student council or have questions about it please contact Mr. Cluver, Mr. Staley, or Mr. Oliver at your convenience and let us know.
We are looking for students who wish to spread the word about Intramurals and promote more opportunities to all students at Carmel High School! If you or someone you know may be interested, please contact any of the Intramural Sponsors!
Follow Intramurals on Twitter (@CHS_IMs)
11v11 Kickball Team Form (Fall Session)
Dodgeball Team Form (Session 1 – Jan 8 thru Feb 12)
Dodgeball Team Form (Session 2 – Feb 15 thru Mar 26)
11v11 Kickball Team Form (Spring Session)
Session 1 Dodgeball Team Forms DUE – Friday, December 18th to Mr. Cluver with ALL team members COC signed. (Electronic version this year!!)
Session 1 Dodgeball Captains Meeting – Tuesday, January 5th – Carmel Cohort
Wednesday, January 6th – Greyhound Cohort
Session 2 Dodgeball Team Forms DUE – Friday, January 29th to Mr. Cluver with ALL team members COC signed. (Electronic version this year!!)
Session 2 Dodgeball Captains Meeting – Monday, February 1st – Carmel Cohort
Tuesday, February 2nd – Greyhound Cohort
ALL MEETINGS WILL TAKE PLACE IN E200 FROM 3:55pm-4:15pm AFTER SCHOOL OR VIA ZOOM. ZOOM LINKS CAN BE FOUND OUTSIDE OF E200 THE WEEK PRIOR TO THE MEETING! (You must sign in with you CCS account and have your full name displayed to enter the meeting)
7v7 Soccer Schedule (October- December 2020)
11v11 Kickball Schedule (October – December 2020)
6v6 Dodgeball Schedule (January- March 2021 – Both sessions included!)
11v11 Kickball Spring Schedule (TBD March-May 2021)
Intramural Guidelines & Expectations
INTRAMURAL BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Intramural Board of Directors is composed of head sponsor Mr. Cluver with assistant sponsors Mr. Staley and Mr. Oliver. Please see Mr. Cluver with any questions or concerns about intramurals.
The Board will be responsible for the administration and development of activities and events for the intramural program.
PHILOSOPHY OF CHS INTRAMURALS
The Carmel High School Intramural program strives to provide facilities, programs, and development opportunities in the area of recreation, which enhance the health and well-being of students, faculty and staff. This program offers a wide variety of quality recreational and intramural programs which foster personal, educational, ethical, and physical development.
All students, faculty, or staff playing intramural sports are expected to adhere to the posted schedule for playing and participating in the activities they enter in. Current weekly schedules of games, activities, or events will be updated on this website. Some changes may occur in the schedule. Participants are asked and encouraged to check this website or Twitter (@CHS_IMs) for changes.
CODE OF CONDUCT
1. School policies on dress code and behavior will be followed.
2. All participants listed on a team entry must meet all stated eligibility requirements (see below).
3. Teams will forfeit all wins for which an ineligible player participated and further action may be taken.
4. All participants are expected to conform to special rules or procedures set forth for any scheduled activity.
5. All participants are expected to exhibit good sportsmanship, fair play, and abide by all rules of the Intramural program and the scheduled activity. Remember that it is a privilege to participate in intramurals, and that can be taken away from you.
6. Any foul language, no matter who intended for, will not be tolerated. First occurrence, a warning will be given. Second occurrence, the participant will be expelled from the game, match, or activity. Referral to student services may also result.
7. Any participant expelled or warned during an activity due to act(s) of unsportsmanlike behavior of a non-physical nature may be suspended from their team's next scheduled game/match. Any participant expelled from a contest due to an act of unsportsmanlike behavior regarding a physical confrontation will be suspended for the duration of that sport, and may be refereed to the Student Services Office. The length of the suspension will be determined by the lead sponsor or intramurals and administration. The unsportsmanlike act can be subject to all participants, employees, spectators, or officials. On the second such occurrence for that individual during the school year, the individual will lose intramural privileges and will be referred to student service for further consequences.
8.Any act of sexual harassment will not be tolerated. Dismissal from the activity will be applied, and a referral to the CHS Student Service will also occur. Removal from the league may also result.
To participate in CHS Intramurals, you must:
1. Be a student in good standing with a current CHS ID card and must show the current student ID card for all activities.
2. If you are currently participating (includes practicing/playing) or have participated within the school year with a CHS freshmen, JV, or varsity sport, you MAY NOT participate in the “associated sport” within intramurals.
3. Any senior who graduates mid-term will not be allowed to participate.
4. All participants must complete the Student/Parent Certificate and Consent form prior to participating in intramural. Forms may be picked up outside the Activities Office or downloaded from the CHS Intramural website. The completed form must be turned into an Intramural Supervisor and is acceptable for any activity during the entire school year.
5. A participant may only participate on ONE team during a sport.
6. Any team that fields a player from outside of CHS will be removed from intramurals and will not be allowed to play in other intramural activities.
EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES
Each intramural participant will be required to wear appropriate, safe gym shoes. School policies on dress code will be enforced.
All games will be played at the scheduled time, date and location. A team roster should be large enough so a team can accommodate the absence of one or more players, regardless of the conflict. If a team or individual does not show up for an event, a forfeit will be recorded. If either teams or individuals do not show up, a double forfeit will be recorded and both teams will be provided with a loss for that event.
If teams forfeit more than 2 games, they will be dismissed from the league and will not receive refund if there was a team fee.
BLOOD SPILLS, FLUID SPILLS AND INJURIES
Any person, showing signs of blood on their person or clothing, will be immediately removed from the game or activity and will not be permitted back into any activity until the clothing has been removed, or the blood flow has stopped. Therefore, players and teams are encouraged to bring extra clothing to their games/activity for such an occurrence. Any injury requiring medical attention should be reported immediately. In the event of an injury to a student, guardians will be contacted, and if warranted 911 may be called.
COVID -19 Protocols
To participate in Intramurals at Carmel High School for the 2020-2021 school year, students participating or individuals that attend Intramural contest must adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Participants are required to wear a face covering while waiting for their contests and during warm-ups of their contests. When the contests begin, students may remove their face covering if they choose to if they are in the contest. Students that are not in the contest must wear their face covering on the sidelines at all times.
2. Some sports may require a face covering while participating during the game.
3. Bystanders of Intramurals must wear a face covering at all times and remain socially distant from others.
4. Students and bystanders should only show up for THEIR contest and will exit the venue upon completion of their competition.
5. Cleaning of equipment will occur between games and during intermittent breaks of the contests.
6. Each student must check in using the Roster Sheet BEFORE their competition. If a student fails to check in for the 2nd time, they will be suspended 2 games. If a 3rd check in is missed, the student will be removed from the league.