INTRAMURAL BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Intramural Board of Directors is composed of the Intramural Directors.
The Board will be responsible for the administration and development of activities and events for the intramural program.
PHILOSOPHY OF CHS INTRAMURALS
The Carmel High School Intramural program strives to provide facilities, programs, and development opportunities in the area of recreation, which enhance the health and well being of students, faculty and staff. This program offers a wide variety of quality recreational and intramural programs which foster personal, educational, ethical, and physical development.
All students, faculty, or staff playing intramural sports are expected to adhere to the posted schedule for playing and participating in the activities they enter in. Current weekly schedules of games, activities, or events will be updated on this website on a weekly basis. Some changes may occur in the schedule. Participants are asked and encouraged to check this website on a daily basis as changes may take place on short notice.
CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Once the last game is completed, all participants will be encouraged to leave the field house. Loitering around the field house or common areas of Carmel High School will not be tolerated. Students will be expected to respectfully comply with the request.
2. All players will present their student ID during check in prior to the start of their game.
3. School policies on dress code and behavior will be followed.
4. All participants listed on a team entry must meet all stated eligibility requirements (see below).
5. Teams will forfeit all wins for which an ineligible player participated and further action may be taken.
6. All participants are expected to conform to special rules or procedures set forth for any scheduled activity.
7. All participants are expected to exhibit good sportsmanship, fair play, and abide by all rules of the Intramural program and the scheduled activity. Remember that it is a privilege to participate in intramurals, and one that can be taken away from you.
8. Any foul language, or act(s) of unsportsmanlike behavior of a non-physical nature no matter who intended for, will not be tolerated. Dismissal from the activity will be applied, and a referral to the CHS Dean's Office will also occur. Removal from the league may also result.
9. Any act of sexual harassment will not be tolerated. Dismissal from the activity will be applied, and a referral to the CHS Dean's Office will also occur. Removal from the league may also result.
10. Any participant dismissed from a contest due to an act of unsportsmanlike behavior regarding a physical confrontation will be immediately removed from the facility, the student will be referred to the Carmel High School Dean’s Office, and removal from the league may also result. Building security may also be called if additional assistance is necessary.
To participate in CHS Intramurals, you must:
1. Be a student in good standing with a current CHS ID card.
2. If you are currently participating (includes practicing/playing) or have participated within the school year with a CHS freshmen, JV, or varsity sport, you MAY NOT participate in the “associated sport” within intramurals.
3. Any senior who graduates mid-term must seek approval from Mr. Inskeep regarding second semester participation.
4. All participants must complete the Student/Parent Certificate and Consent form prior to participating in intramural. Forms may be picked up at the Captain’s Meeting or Activities Office. This must be turned in to an Intramural Supervisor and is acceptable for any activity during the entire school year.
5. A participant may only participate on ONE team during a sport.
6. Some activities may have designated divisions. See the individual activity flyer for information.
7. All students must provide their current student ID in order to be eligible to compete and participate.
EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES
Each intramural participant will required to wear appropriate, safe gym shoes. School policies on dress code will be enforced.
All games will be played at the scheduled time, date and location. A team roster should be large enough so a tam can accommodate the absence of one or more players, regardless of the conflict. If a team or individual does not show up for an event, a forfeit will be recorded. If either teams or individuals so not show up, a double forfeit will be recorded and both teams will be provided with a loss for that event.
BLOOD SPILLS, FLUID SPILLS AND INJURIES
Any person, showing signs of blood on their person or clothing, will be immediately removed from the game or activity and will not be permitted back into any activity until the clothing has been removed, or the blood flow has stopped. Therefore, players and teams are encouraged to bring extra clothing to their games/activity for such an occurrence. Any injury requiring medical attention should be reported immediately.
The student(s) will also be referred to the Carmel High School Dean’s office. Removal from the league may also result.