All Carmel Clay Schools are closed for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year
There will be no virtual learning during Spring Break April 3-10.
Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction, Jennifer McCormick, announced that all K-12 school buildings in Indiana will remain closed for the remainder of this school year in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Our plan moving forward will be to stay the course and continue our current schedule of virtual learning for the six weeks following Spring Break. We also plan to end the school year the week before Memorial Day Weekend making Thursday, May 21st the students’ last day and Friday, May 22nd the teachers’ last day.
Please click here to read an important message from Dr. Michael Beresford on the school closure.
Message From Dr. Beresford Regarding Updates & Changes to Virtual Learning
Meal Assistance for Students
- Carmel Clay Schools will provide your school-aged children with supplemental food during this closure. If you need supplemental food assistance for your student, please complete the form by the end of the day each Monday. https://forms.gle/McM1ro1wcwjDuToe8. You only need to complete the form once to continue receiving supplemental food services.
- Next Food Pick Up: Wednesday, April 15th
Pick up window: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Pick Up Location: Carmel High School, Door #9 Please see Map here: shorturl.at/IOX07
Families are to stay in their vehicles in the Carmel High School carpool line, as the supplemental food packs will be delivered directly to the vehicle by a staff member or volunteer.
- Please click here to view a list of food pantries available in Hamilton County. It is recommended that you call before visiting any of these locations.
- Please contact your school's social worker or counselor if your family needs additional resources.
Virtual Learning Information
Virtual Learning began for all Carmel Clay Students Wednesday, March 18. Virtual Learning will not take place during the week of Spring Break (April 3 - April 10).
- For student and parent support for virtual learning, you can click here.
- For virtual learning resources and information for teachers, click here.
- If you are using a personal device at home, test for connectivity and ensure that your student can log in to their Canvas account. For frequently asked questions regarding Canvas, you can click here.
- If you do not have access to a device (computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.) for virtual learning, we will provide a device for your family. To do so you can click here to submit the “Family Mobile Device Check-Out” form. We will contact those families who still need a device.
Internet Provider Resources For Families
- Many internet providers are offering free/reduced services for families that do not have access to the internet for virtual learning. Click here to view these resources.
Indiana Department of Education Testing Update
On March 19, 2020, Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb announced the cancellation of all state testing, which includes the ISTEP10 and ILEARN assessments. To learn more click here.
Additional Information & Resources
Please check our dedicated COVID-19 site for additional information and resources.