All CCS Chromebooks will be sent home with students grades K-8 over the summer. Students may continue to use Chromebooks for educational review over summer break, if appropriate for your family. Please choose a safe place for the device and charger to be stored until we return to school in the fall.
Only those students not returning to Carmel Clay Schools next year will return their device before summer break. All others, regardless of a change in schools or grade level within the district, will keep your assigned Chromebook.
Carmel Clay Schools is happy to announce the USDA has again issued funding through June 2022 to support Safe Reopening and Healthy, Nutritious Meals. What does this mean for you?
School Lunch meals will be FREE again for all students during the 2021-2022 school year!
Families may want to continue maintaining a balance in their student’s lunch account to cover any ala carte/extra items not covered by the USDA FREE meal program. Food selections other than the USDA-approved complete school breakfast and school lunch meals will continue to be charged ala carte pricing.
Lunch Account Balance Options
- Rollover: Each year, any unused funds on your child’s lunch account automatically carry over to the new school year, even if your child changes schools within the district.
- Transfer: Student balances will automatically transfer to younger siblings when leaving the District, when applicable. Please email Food Services to request a transfer of funds.
- Donate: Student balances can be donated to other students in need of meal assistance in the District. Please email Food Services to donate.
Please refer to the Parent Resource, Lunch Tools for more information.
Summer Math Workbook Sale
Order an optional summer math practice workbook for your child in your Membership Toolkit account by April 30th. https://collegewoodpto.membershiptoolkit.com/login-form?r=%2F
Please order the book for your child's current math grade level. There are no workbooks available for Kindergarten math.
Virtual Trivia Night - TONIGHT!
TONIGHT! Friday, April 30th
Grades K - 2 6:30pm - 7:00pm
Grades 3 - 5 7:00pm - 7:30pm
This will be a LIVE Zoom Webinar
1. You’ll want one home computer as your viewing device. This device will be logged into the Zoom Webinar for the entirety of the event. This is where you’ll see the trivia questions appear and see Mrs. Olssen as she leads the event.
**Note, during a zoom webinar, only the host has video and audio capabilities. Your screen and audio will not appear during the zoom event.**
2. Each student will want an individual device (chromebook, iPad, phone, tablet) to play the Trivia game on the Kahoot website.
1. Each student who wants to play the game will log onto www.kahoot.it
2. When the game is ready to start, Mrs. Olssen will provide a PIN to type in to join the game.
3. You’ll create a username. We recommend using your first initial and last name (J. Cardinal) so that we can identify the winners!
1. You’ll see the questions appear on the zoom webinar but the answer options will be on your individual device.
2. Points are awarded for both a correct answer AND the speed with which you answer.
3. Have fun!!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Virtual PTO General Meeting - Thursday, May 13th, 6:30pm on Zoom:
Please join us for our last *virtual* PTO General Meeting of the school year!
Meet us on Zoom on Thursday, May 13th at 6:30pm.
We will vote on the proposed slate for the 2021-2022 PTO Executive Board, the proposed PTO Budget for the 2021-2022 school year, and a proposed change in the wording of the PTO bi-laws.
Please email email@example.com in order to receive the Zoom log-in information for the meeting. If you can't make it, no worries...the recorded meeting will be posted following the event for you to view at your convenience.
2021-2022 PTO EXECUTIVE BOARD SLATE
President: Rebecca Wickman
President: Jenna Fedorcha
Vice President: Erica Veerkamp
Vice President: Jamie Fagin
Treasurer: Stephanie Cobb
Assistant Treasurer: Lauren Horning
Communications Secretary: Lindsey Finney
Recording Secretary: Stacy Klink
View proposed budget here: bit.ly/2021-22proposedbudget
View proposed bylaw wording change here: http://bit.ly/2021bylawwording
Virtual Painting with Me - register for supplies by April 30th
Miss Kate, former College Wood mom & owner of "Paint It Kids!", has created a special collaborative virtual art project with step by step instructions for your CWE children and an adult! This will be a virtual Paint With Me event available to view at your convenience starting Friday, May 7th. If your children want to participate, the PTO is excited to be able to offer supplies for your family! Register for supplies in your Membership Toolkit account (https://collegewoodpto.membershiptoolkit.com) - you must register by April 30th to receive supplies!
Attention Parents of 5th Graders: Please mark your calendars with the important dates listed above as we prepare to celebrate the incredible students in the Class of 2028! Please note that some events are marked as “students only” due to current Covid restrictions and protocol. More information to come!
Please contact Emily Kahn at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding 5th grade t-shirts/party.
CARMEL YOUTH CAMP & TEEN ACADEMY
This summer, the Carmel Police School Resource Officers will be hosting a “Carmel Youth Camp” geared towards children ages 11 & 12.
If you have children or know a family with children that might be interested in this FREE weeklong camp, please see the attached flyer for more information!
If you have children that are older than 12 years old, check out the “Teen Academy” that we will be hosting this summer as well. More info on the Teen Academy can be found on the Carmel Police Department website.