Frequently Asked Questions
- If your student is going to be absent or tardy, please call the attendance line at 317-844-4948 before 8:30 am.
- Students arriving late must be escorted into the school by an adult.
- Early Dismissal - Please email the teacher and make a change in School Dismissal Manager. For the safety of the children, you may need to show identification upon your arrival prior to your child being released. Students will only be released to a custodial parent or emergency contact (according to most current school records).
- For a full description of attendance policies and procedures, please refer to the FDE Family Handbook.
- All visitors must identify themselves with a driver's license or state ID card.
- Visitors wanting to join a student for lunch must be a custodial parent or an emergency contact.
- Visitors that are volunteering must have completed a background check and signed off on the bulling video.
- For a full description on building visitors, please refer to the FDE Family Handbook.
Student birthdays are announced daily and a small memento is given to the child. Teachers may also have recognition activities within the classroom. PARENTAL "CELEBRATIONS" OF STUDENT BIRTHDAYS IN THE CLASSROOM ARE NOT ALLOWED. Invitations to a child's private birthday party should be mailed from your home. Distribution of these invitations are not permitted at school.