The Carmel Education Foundation (CEF) is proud to support Carmel Clay Schools (CCS) students in academic achievement and lifelong learning. Recognizing that educators play a significant role in a student’s education, CEF invests in grants that support innovation, enhance student achievement, and inspire student learning. We hope that educators seek this opportunity to pursue a “passion project”, to bring a resource to students they may not otherwise get to experience, or to implement an idea that may be replicable in other areas.
CEF has a long history of providing classroom, team, and school-wide grants and, since 1966, has invested over $1 million in grants to benefiting CCS students. As the non-profit funding partner for CCS, CEF relies on the generosity of individual, business, and community donors, primarily in Carmel, to fund grants.
SPRING 2024 GRANT APPLICATION
Funding is to benefit students in one of these three focus areas:
Student Learning Resources - use your creativity to bring learning concepts to life through innovative materials, hands-on learning experiences, discovery, interactive instruction models, a “passion project” or any unique idea that is designed to engage students in meaningful, impactful, and memorable classroom experiences.
- Wellness - physical or mental wellness projects, lessons or activities to promote health and well-being.
- Skills for Success - projects that focus on the development of student’s ability to achieve academic and personal success in today’s ever-changing and global society.
General application guidelines and funding parameters:
All requests need to correlate to a current learning standard, school improvement plan, or district initiative.
Projects are to directly benefit students.
Applicant needs to be a certified CCS member (collaboration and team grants may include non-certified staff, with a certified staff as lead applicant).
Grant monies are to be primarily utilized during the course of the school day.
The project is to be implemented by December 31, 2024.
If funded, you agree to submit a written & visual report within 30 days of the project completion.
spring 2024 Application Types:
·Individual – CCS certified educator. Requests may be up to $700.
Teams – including those at the same grade level, departments or building teams or a school. Must include one certified educator as the lead applicant. Requests may be up to $2,000.
Collaboration – includes representatives from at least three different departments/areas (i.e. a counselor, classroom teacher and specials teachers) or a school. The team must include at least one certified educator as the lead applicant. Requests may be up to $2,000.
spring 2024 timeline:
- Applications open: November 13, 2023
- Applications close: January 18, 2024 (11:59pm)
- Grant recipients announced by Friday, February 16, 2024
- Funding available by March 1, 2024
- Review grant overview, FAQ's and writing tips.
Review grant examples to help spark you ideas!
*Note: the content of these grant application examples is for the purpose of providing an example and is the original work of the author(s). Content is not to be copied or used in any way that would be considered as plagiarism.
- Receive all necessary approvals prior to completing application (must occur every grant cycle).
- Submit Google application by 11:59 p.m. on January 18, 2024 (Please use school email account and use Google Chrome browser.)
- Be sure to include the budget worksheet and grant and media agreement in your application.
We are excited to share the video linked below that contains great info on Grants, Ghosts and Goblins, Taste of Carmel with all of our CCS teacher and staff friends! We look forward to working with you for the best year ever!
Contact Stacey Hetrick, CEF Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
grant overview & FAq's
APPLICATION PRINT VERSIONS
(for reference only)
(print versions are for reference only)
(Fall 2023 grant report is for past recipients only)