Message From Dr. Beresford Regarding Updates & Changes to Virtual Learning
All Carmel Clay Schools are closed until May 1st.
On March 19, 2020, Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb announced new steps to combat the spread of COVID-19, including mandated closures of all Indiana schools until May 1, 2020. This mandated closure follows recent Centers for Disease Control guidelines to limit gatherings to less than 10. The district will communicate if additional closure time is needed prior to May 1st. The closure also includes cancellation/postponement of all after school practices, extra-curricular activities, as well as, all school and PTO sponsored events.
To learn more about the Governor's actions, click here.
Meal Assistance for Students
- Carmel Clay Schools will provide your school-aged children with supplemental food during this closure. If you need supplemental food assistance for your student, please complete the form by March 30th https://forms.gle/McM1ro1wcwjDuToe8. You only need to complete the form once to continue receiving supplemental food services.
- Next Food Pick Up: Wednesday, April 1st
Pick up window: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Pick Up Location: Carmel High School, Door #9 Please see Map here: shorturl.at/IOX07
Families are to stay in their vehicles in the Carmel High School carpool line, as the supplemental food packs will be delivered directly to the vehicle by a staff member or volunteer.
On April 1, the volunteers of Merciful Help Center will be providing the supplemental food packs for this next pick up. Food packs will contain breakfast items and lunch meals to supplement students' food availability at home through April 14. On April 15, Carmel Clay Schools will be providing the food packs. Pick up location for both April 1 and April 15 will be at Carmel High School.
- Please click here to view a list of food pantries available in Hamilton County. It is recommended that you call before visiting any of these locations.
- Please contact your school's social worker or counselor if your family needs additional resources.
Virtual Learning Information
Virtual Learning began for all Carmel Clay Students Wednesday, March 18. Virtual Learning will not take place during the week of Spring Break (April 3 - April 10).
- For student and parent support for virtual learning, you can click here.
- For virtual learning resources and information for teachers, click here.
- If you are using a personal device at home, test for connectivity and ensure that your student can log in to their Canvas account. For frequently asked questions regarding Canvas, you can click here.
- If you do not have access to a device (computer, laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.) for virtual learning, we will provide a device for your family. To do so you can click here to submit the “Family Mobile Device Check-Out” form. We will contact those families who still need a device.
Internet Provider Resources For Families
- Many internet providers are offering free/reduced services for families that do not have access to the internet for virtual learning. Click here to view these resources.
Indiana Department of Education Testing Update
On March 19, 2020, Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb announced the cancellation of all state testing, which includes the ISTEP10 and ILEARN assessments. To learn more click here.
Additional Information & Resources
Please check our dedicated COVID-19 site for additional information and resources.