The PTO is looking forward to a fun and rewarding school year. For those of you not familiar with PTO, we sponsor fundraisers and school events throughout the school year for the students, families, and staff of Towne Meadow Elementary.
We are always looking for additional volunteers and new ideas! The more volunteers we have, the better we can organize and plan activities to benefit our students and school. If you have any interest or questions about the PTO in general or about committees, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Thank you for your support and interest!
The Towne Meadow PTO is committed to supporting the staff and students of TME through funding of educational and enrichment programs while building strong relationships that will add long term value to the school, the district and the Carmel community. We are a collective group of parents and grandparents that desire to give back to our community by offering volunteer support to the students and staff of Towne Meadow Elementary.
- How can I get more involved in my child's education?
- What is the PTO?
- Can anyone join the PTO or volunteer at the school?
- What it the time commitment if I volunteer for a committee?
- Will my child really do better if I am involved?
- How do I join the PTO?
PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. It is a local organization that provides a way for parents, teachers, and the community to work together for the good of children. On a school level, the Towne Meadow PTO is helpful in organizing events and activities and for assisting with fundraising opportunities that help enrich the educational and social experience of all Towne Meadow students. The PTO helps fund field trips, classroom subscriptions, convocations, enrichment activities, classroom parties, track and field day, and many additions items that DIRECTLY benefit your student.
Yes, any parent or guardian of a Towne Meadow student is considered a member of the PTO. If you have some spare time and you would like to make a difference, we would love to have your assistance. At the top of the page is a link to the list of committees you may be interested in. If you are interested in any of these committees, please email any member of the board. If you have any questions about these or other volunteer opportunities, please contact the Committee Chair listed.
All of our committees need volunteers whether you can help for many hours or for one. Various committees have projects that can be worked on at home as it fits into your schedule. Being involved does not mean that you have to be available to come into the school during the week. Everyone’s help is appreciated and needed no matter how much time you can devote.
- Research on this topic has been conclusive. Children do better in school when their parents are involved. Just a few of the published benefits are:
- Students attitudes are more positive.
- Negative student behavior decreases.
- Students achievement increases regardless of the parent's own education, economic or ethnic/racial background.
- Students have higher grades, better attendance, and complete homework more often.
- Graduation rates are higher.
- Back to School Ice Cream Social
- Carmel Education Foundation Liason
- Community Rewards
- Coyote Cares
- Fall Fundraiser - TME Dance Party
- Family Fun Nights
- Fifth Grade Recognition
- General Volunteering
- Parent Social Events
- Room Parent
- Social Media
- Spirit Wear
- Spring Fundraiser - Carnival
- Spring Fundraiser - Silent Auction
This committee is super fun! We help with the two PTO family events. The first event is our awesome family tailgate in the fall! The second event is in May and it is the very popular family BINGO night. If you choose to help out with this committee, we can promise you that you will have fun!
Family Tailgate (September 19th):Number Needed: 4-6 volunteers
- Organize Games
- Raffle Tickets
- Volunteer Signups
Bingo (May 3rd):Number Needed: 2-4 Volunteers
- Sell wristbands
- Help with setup/cleanup
- Decide and purchase winner gifts (PTO funds available)
Being on the Hospitality Committee is a great - and low time commitment - way to support the TME Teachers and Staff. We stock monthly teacher/staff meetings with snacks and drinks, we coordinate an annual bus driver appreciation breakfast and arrange 2-3 catered Teacher/Staff lunches throughout the year. Committee members volunteer to bring baked goods, water, soda and snacks to drop them off at the school for the events and meetings.
Number Needed: 1-2 per classroomOrganize Fall & Valentine Parties
- Find volunteers for the event
- Decide on craft or activity
- Purchase items needed (PTO budget is given to help with costs)
- Collect money for teacher gifts throughout the year
- Help purchase gifts and deliver as needed
- Plan teacher appreciation week items
- Reach out to find 1-2 families to host a game for spring carnival in your classroom
Work with promotions company to select and design spirit wear items for each new school year. Designs have already been selected, but volunteers are always needed to help man tables to sell spirit wear at TME events throughout the year (back to school social, TME tailgate, etc).
The Coyote Carnival is the TME PTO Spring Fundraiser event. Volunteers are needed in many different areas including the following to make this even a success: Cafeteria, Silent Auction, Sweet Shop and Volunteers.
Number Needed: 4-6 Volunteers
- Plan Food/Drinks
- Work with room parents to organize games
- Create volunteer signups
- Check on signs and decorations
- Choose sweet shop plan and setup
- Help get wristband orders/raffle tickets out
- Put together wristband envelopes for families
We would love to have volunteers to help take pictures throughout the year. You will be asked to attend different convocations and class parties. If that does not sound like your kind of job, you can also help with picture day.