Carmel Clay Schools encourages all students and staff to remain safe as they travel to and from school each day. With the creation of "No-Bus Zones" across the district, we encourage everyone to review designated crosswalk locations. Please be extra mindful while traveling during school arrival and dismissal times.
Please review the Traffic Patterns for your student's school:
Cherry Tree Elementary
Clay Center Elementary
College Wood Elementary
Forest Dale Elementary
Mohawk Trails Elementary
Prairie Trace Elementary
Smoky Row Elementary
Towne Meadow Elementary
West Clay Elementary
Carmel Middle School
Clay Middle School
Creekside Middle School
Carmel High School traffic patterns are affected by the completion of nearby roundabouts. Up-to-date instructions will be posted soon.
- Never cross close to the front of the bus – make sure the driver can see you.
- Never pick up anything you drop close to or under the bus – ask the driver what to do.
- Never run after a bus or bang on the side.
- If you must cross the street in front of the bus, follow the driver’s directions, and stop and look before you cross.
- Never run across a street, it’s better to miss the bus than rush and risk being hit by a car.
- Stay away from the rear and sides of the bus – always be in a safe place where the driver can see you.
- Never pass a school bus when its stop lights are flashing.
- Be extra vigilant around school hours – assume a child might run out at any moment.
- Be courteous to school buses, give them room and let them change lanes when they need to.