In-District Student Transfers
The guidelines below shall be followed in assigning students to schools. All inquiries regarding elementary and secondary school boundaries should be directed to Michele Soultz.
- Fundamentally, student assignment to a school shall be determined by attendance areas. Such areas will be adjusted to balance class size and to maintain teacher-student ratios.
- When feasible, children in the same family will be assigned to the same school, but children may be assigned to different schools when they live in a divided area or an overloaded area.
- When families relocate from one neighborhood to another within the Corporation during the school year, the children affected may, if approved by District Administration, continue their education for the remainder of that school year at their original school if parents provide transportation to/from school.
- The In-District Transfer Request is valid from date signed until terminated by the parent/guardian or Carmel Clay Schools in writing.
- Consistent failure to drop off and pick up students on time may result in the termination of attendance at the requested school.
Such determinations will be made individually by the building principals of the schools involved and District Administrators.
If a family would like to request to attend another school in the Carmel Clay School boundaries other than the school where their children are assigned, please print and fill out the In-District Transfer Request Form and return to the Director of Student Services. Requests will be reviewed and you will be notified in writing of the determination.