Parent Resource Center
Welcome to the Parent Resource Center!
The goal of the Parent Resource Center is to create a space where parents can learn about issues impacting today's youth while also offering resources to equip parents with the knowledge, tools and support to help their child achieve both academic and personal success.
Together, we can instill confidence in our students to make wise decisions and good choices for a great future.
- “Talk to Your Teen about E-Cigarettes; A Tip Sheet for Parents”
STOPit is a mobile app that empowers any student to anonymously report school safety issues and reach out for help if they or a peer are facing a personal crisis or experiencing situations such as bullying, theft, mental health concerns, violence, sexual harassment, substance abuse or any other student safety concern. This app is available to students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This new tool will replace Carmel Clay Schools’ Anonymous Alert System.
By following important school bus safety tips outlined throughout the video, you can help our students arrive to school and get home safe. Please take a moment to share this video with fellow CCS families, friends and neighbors so we can make school bus transportation safer for everyone. Remember, Together We’re Better!
The beginning of school brings transitions for our students, particularly those entering kindergarten, a new grade, or a new school (either by advancing to middle or high school or moving to a different neighborhood). Here are some tips to help your child adjust to change and start the new school year off right.
There are resources available for students and families which include:
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline. This is a 24-hour, toll free, confidential hotline available to assist anyone in crisis or distress. The number is 1-800-273-TALK. (1-800-273-8255)
- The National Institute of Mental Health
- The Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- The Trevor Project
- National Crisis Text Line: Text CONNECT to 741741
Together, we can reduce the risk of suicide in our community.