Chromebook Support & FAQs
Basic Chromebook Troubleshooting Steps
- Clear the cache and cookies in Chrome by following the steps at https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050.
- Reboot the Chromebook by shutting it down completely and then turning it back on.
- Hard reset the device. With the device turned off, hold down the power and refresh keys for 30 seconds. The refresh key is above the number 4 on the keyboard.
Next Steps for Support
If the issue persists after trying the steps above, the first point of contact for all student Chromebook support should be as follows:
- Elementary Students - contact your teacher
- Middle School Students - contact your teacher
- High School Students - visit the media center or freshman center office
If you are still unable to resolve the issue, or it is during a school break, please submit a support ticket.
Students in grades K-12 will receive a district issued Chromebook. Find our more in our FAQ document.
- What data does ContentKeeper track?
- Will ContentKeeper block all inappropriate content?
- Are student activities filtered while off-site/off of the CCS Network?
- To what extent, if any, does ContentKeeper affect system performance?
- What happens if ContentKeeper blocks a legitimate and non-nefarious site?
- How can I see my student's Chromebook history?
- Does ContentKeeper block access to social media?
- Does ContentKeeper block access to VPNs?