Request for Proposal (RFP)
Network Infrastructure Upgrade
School/Library Name: Carmel Clay Schools
470 #: 190011928
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to solicit sealed proposals to establish a contract through fair and competitive negotiations for Network Infrastructure upgrades. The goods and services requested in these documents are part of the E-Rate filings for Funding Year 2019 for Carmel Clay Schools. Further information can be found at the USAC Website http://www.usac.org/sl/.
- The vendor must provide their E-Rate Service Provider Identification Number (SPIN) number on the proposal in order to be eligible for consideration.
- The vendor must agree to comply with the rules and regulations of USAC. Vendors must be familiar with billing methods and timelines associated with USAC.
- Bids and awards related to this RFP are subject to receiving approval for funding through the E-Rate process. In the event projects are not funded, Carmel Clay Schools reserves the right to modify the scope of the project or cancel the project.
- The winning vendor must complete the necessary FCC Form 471 templates required for each school/entity, i.e. Internal Connections, Basic Maintenance of Internal Connections and Managed Internal Broadband Services.
Carmel Clay Schools will be replacing the HP 8212zl core switch at Carmel High School. In addition to the physical parts, Carmel Clay Schools would also request installation services to be a part of any RFP. The initial configuration must ensure that the new equipment works with the existing network by matching or exceeding the current configurations.
There will be a mandatory pre-proposal meeting at 4:00 PM EST 2/1/2019, at the Carmel High School (520 E Main, Carmel, IN). Bidders will be given a tour of the existing facilities and an opportunity to ask questions about the project at that time. This will be the only opportunity to ask questions about this project. Failure to have a representative attend this entire meeting will disqualify a bidder.
This project will not be implemented until an E-rate Funding Commitment is received.
Proposals will be received in the Carmel Clay Schools’ Education Service Center at 5201 E Main Carmel, IN 46033 until 2 o’clock (2:00 p.m.) EST Tuesday, February 19, 2019. Proposals will be opened and publicly read at the hour of two o’clock at the Carmel Clay Schools’ Education Service Center. The Carmel Clay Schools Board reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
Listed below are part numbers and quantities for the proposal. Vendors may submit alternative equipment as long as the equipment is an equivalent make and model or serves a similar functionality.
All equipment shall be new, factory-sealed equipment currently available from the manufacturer; the District will not accept proposals of used, remanufactured, refurbished, “B stock,” returns, open-box, discontinued, “gray market,” or equipment in any condition other than new and factory-sealed with all original manufacturer warranties.
Carmel Clay Schools reserves the right to adjust quantities prior to purchasing to meet the needs of the corporation.
Carmel High School Core
|Cable||JH234A||HPE X242 40G QSFP+ to QSFP+ 1m DAC Cable||2|
|Rackmount kit||J9852A||HPE X450 4U/7U Univ 4-post Rackmount Kit||2|
|POE module||J9986A||Aruba 24p 1000BASE-T PoE+ v3 zl2 Mod||2|
|POE module||J9990A||Aruba 20p PoE+ / 4p SFP+ v3 zl2 Mod||2|
|Power Supply||J9829A||Aruba 5400R 1100W PoE+ zl2 PSU||4|
|Power Cord||J9829A ABA||Power Cord - U.S. localization||4|
|Service||H8XP2E||HPE 5Y FC 4H Exch Aruba 8320 SWT SVC [for JL479A]||
|Switch||JL479A||Aruba 8320 48 10/6 40 X472 5 2 Bundle||2|
|Power cord||JL479A ABA||Power Cord - U.S. localization||2|
|Switch||JL003A||Aruba 5406R 44GT PoE+/4SFP+ v3 zl2 Switch||2|
|Module||J9986A||Aruba 24p 1000BASE-T PoE+ v3 zl2 Mod||2|
|Module||J9990A||Aruba 20p PoE+ / 4p SFP+ v3 zl2 Mod||2|
|Transceiver||J9150D||Aruba 10G SFP+ LC SR 300m MMF Transceiver||24|
|Transceiver||J9151D||Aruba 10G SFP+ LC LR 10km SMF Transceiver||4|
|Transceiver||J4858D||Aruba 1G SFP LC SX 500m MMF Transceiver||62|
- Proposal MUST separate E-Rate eligible and E-Rate ineligible products/services by line item. The vendor is responsible to clearly indicate all ineligible costs by line item for all services and equipment associated with this RFP.
- Each line item on the proposal should clearly list the following information:
- Location (Building Name)
- Part Number
- Unit Price
- Extended Price
- Classification (See categories below)
- Classification for each line item of products/services in a separate column on the proposal/bid from one of the following categories:
- Cabling or Connectors
- Caching (equipment or recurring service)
- Data Distribution (router or switch)
- Data Protection (firewall or UPS)
- Miscellaneous (installation or training) – For training, please include who is doing the training, who is being trained, and when the training will take place.
- Software (Operating System Software of Eligible Equipment)
- Wireless Data Distribution (Antenna, Access Point, or LAN Controller)
- Labor pricing for installation, activation, and initial configuration of switches must be listed separately from equipment costs. The initial configuration must ensure that new switches work with the existing network.
- Any ongoing subscription pricing must be listed separately.
- Licenses, software, and basic maintenance for the adequate performance of eligible components should be included in the proposal.
- If applicable, the vendor is to specify change fees, freight assurance fees, shipping charges, taxes, surcharges and contingency fees for eligible equipment.
- If applicable, the vendor is to specify the manufacturer’s warranty provided as an integral part of an eligible component without separately identifiable cost.
- While price will be the most heavily weighted factor in our evaluation of the bids, the School Corporation reserves the right to award the proposal to the best-qualified vendor.
POST INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS
Contractor shall provide documents showing the locations of all cabling drops installed as part of this project and all MDF/IDF locations (as-built drawings).
Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Guaranty equal to 10% of the bid. The successful Bidder will be required to furnish Performance and Payment Bonds for one hundred percent (100%) of their Contract amount prior to execution of Contracts.
The vendor must include a list of at least three (3) clients for whom the vendor has provided products and/or services that are the same or similar to those products and/or services requested in this RFP. Information provided should include the name, address, and telephone number of the client facility and the name, title, and phone/fax numbers of a person who may be contacted for further information. In addition, a brief description of services rendered for the reference should be included.
While cost will be the most heavily weighted factor, the evaluation will also focus on the substance of the details provided in response to the requirements herein including but not limited to technical details, contract terms, experience, references, prior experience with installing vendor and adherence to the response format provided.