- Never cross close to the front of the bus – make sure the driver can see you.
- Never pick up anything you drop close to or under the bus – ask the driver what to do.
- Never run after a bus or bang on the side.
- If you must cross the street in front of the bus, follow the driver’s directions, and stop and look before you cross.
- Never run across a street, it’s better to miss the bus than rush and risk being hit by a car.
- Stay away from the rear and sides of the bus – always be in a safe place where the driver can see you.
- Never pass a school bus when its stop lights are flashing.
- Be extra vigilant around school hours – assume a child might run out at any moment.
- Be courteous to school buses, give them room and let them change lanes when they need to.