Interested in volunteering at school or attending a field trip?
All volunteers must have a criminal history background check done prior to volunteering at school. If you are a new volunteer, please make certain you have a completed Criminal History Background Check on file. If you have multiple students who attend multiple schools in Carmel, you only need one criminal background check. Background checks are $17.95. Your student's school administration will be contacted when the criminal background report is complete.
During the 2013 legislative session, in regard to Bullying Prevention and Intervention in Indiana, the General Assembly passed HEA 1423, and the Governor signed P.L. 285-2013 into law. This law requires all staff and volunteers to be educated about bullying and its prevention. In order to meet the training requirements of this legislation, Carmel Clay Schools has created a training presentation based on information provided by the Department of Education.
Prior to volunteering, please access the link for your child's school to view the presentation:
- Carmel Elementary Volunteers
- Cherry Tree Elementary Volunteers
- College Wood Elementary Volunteers
- Forest Dale Elementary Volunteers
- Mohawk Trails Elementary Volunteers
- Orchard Park Elementary Volunteers
- Prairie Trace Elementary Volunteers
- Smoky Row Elementary Volunteers
- Towne Meadow Elementary Volunteers
- Woodbrook Elementary Volunteers
- West Clay Elementary Volunteers
- Carmel Middle School Volunteers
- Clay Middle School Volunteers
- Creekside Middle School Volunteers
- Carmel High School Volunteers
After viewing the presentation, type your full name in the box that says “Electronic Signature” to indicate that you have viewed the video and understand its contents. The record will be logged in our School Office Pro database where school secretaries can verify participation.
If you have questions about this process, please contact David Woodward
Thank you in advance for helping keep our schools safe!
When volunteering, please find alternative care for younger children.