Conscious Discipline is a comprehensive approach that:
- is built on the premise of developing discipline within children rather than applying discipline to them,
- moves away from rewards and punishments towards natural and logical consequences using intrinsic motivation to govern behavior,
- empowers school staff and students with skills that create a safe, connected, problem-solving school environment,
- equips educators to integrate social-emotional learning, discipline and self-regulation in order to teach vital life skills throughout the traditional school day,
- stems from an abundance of brain and developmental research and is evidence-based,
- focuses on setting up schools, classrooms, and families where everyone can answer the following questions in the affirmative: Am I safe? Am I loved? What can I learn?